Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The First Laid-Off: The Blog

Welcome to the very first Laid-Off: The Blog post. I was laid-off from my position as the Director of Operations for a small software company back in April and have been looking for work ever since. I understand the trials and tribulations of those of us who are out of work and are seeking a new job. As such, I decided that I should start a blog for those like us.

Unfortunately, the labor report for November came out last Friday and it was not good news. More than 530,000 people joined us in the ranks of the unemployed. They are just starting their job search odyssey and the current state of the economy worldwide does not bode well for the majority of them. The job search world is a serious pain in the ass and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

My intent with this blog is to give everyone a voice and to open up the discussion on your job search strategy, your thoughts and feeling about being unemployed as well as anything and everything that is related to being out of work and searching for a job. Each day I will be posting a new blog entry and I hope that all of you will add to the discussion. Let us, as a group, help each other in our search.

No comments: