Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Inauguration: 1 Week Ago.

So, one week ago to the day, I took the time to watch the inauguration of President Barrack Obama and it was hopeful and inspiring. While I heard some on the far right bashing the speech, I was inspired. I am not going to say that everything he is speaking about or promising will come true, but I think right now this country needs some inspiration.

The fact is that the stock market and the economy are very much psychological things. The more positive we as a country are and the investors and traders are, the better the market performs. The same is true in the opposite direction. When the economy is down and the outlook is bleak, then the markets tend to head in that direction.

We need to get some of this turned around. And I think that one of the ways to get this turned around is to have “change” as President Obama has been promising. While we still do not know exactly what he means when he says “change”, what I mean is change in our economic outlook and our ideas. The old ideas have not worked. We need to try something new.

Will this help you and me who are out of work right now? I am not so sure if or when it will help us, but most likely we will all be better off once we can get the economic machine running again. That may not be today or tomorrow, but let us look to the end of 2009 and the beginning of 2010 to have this huge oil tanker of an economy turned around.

That puts all of those unemployed people who are hoping and needing a job in a bad spot. Unfortunately, there is nothing else that can be done about it. It is clearly going to take time to get it turned around. Will the inauguration be the first step? I don’t know, but I would like to think so.

2 comments:

MrBeans said...

I was laid off by Sears a year ago after 17 years,but I gota share my good news with others.... for real online work from home programs you can go to http://www.haveyoubeenlaidofflikeme.blogspot.com or http://www.showmehowtomakemoneyathome.blogspot.com or http://www.thelegitonlinejobss.blogspot.com (this one was featured on Oprah a year ago)
i do not own or operate these blogs but i have used their reviews and advice and i make almost 600 a week for the past 6 weeks at home and online while able to be with my little ones... good luck

Daneil Fletcher said...

Erkin Bekbolotov gives advice on earning a living when laid off.